Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Initial post


I've procrastinated enough on setting up a blogging page about running and fund raising for the Lupus Foundation of America. So... Here is my first post:

Today I'll run in my first race of the year (Ft. Worth Runners Club Einstein 10k). I would like to use this occasion to raise funds and awareness to this disease to a broad audience for Lupus research. I know the debilitating affects of Lupus, as my wife Michelle, a first cousin Marisol, a co-worker, friends and family members of friends have it.

Brian Thomas has graciously started a blog (
http://www.lupusrunner.org/) to help raise funds to fight this disease. Can you help?

To sponsor my fight against Lupus, simply click "Donate" button on the FirstGiving donation widget on the left, or go to Brian's FirstGiving page at
http://www.firsgiving.com/lupusrunners. When you make a donation, Please add a comment. Add "FOR Cruz @ Einstein 10k" or something that makes it obvious that your donation arose from reading this page.

God Willing, I will be racing every two weeks. As I register for races, I will update the running events list to the right of this page in order to continue raising money for the Lupus Foundation of America, though the FirstGiving page. So please, continue your donations, no matter how small.

I should note that we've "followed the money" and all donations go directly to the Lupus Foundation of America. None of it goes to me, Brian Thomas, or any other Lupus Runner. We are only facilitating the fundraising. After you donate, you will be able to print out a receipt page, and you'll also get an email receipt. If you would prefer not to donate online, you may contact me for my "snail mail" address. I'll donate your money in your name, and send you a receipt.


Thanks
Cruz


No comments:

Post a Comment